Like you, I want your event to be successful.
That’s why I actively listen and ask lots of questions to understand the outcome you’re seeking.
To learn who your audience is. Their expectations.
A speaking gig is one place where personalizing your remarks is a stellar idea. No one enjoys a canned speech. No one likes to feel as if their needs weren’t taken into consideration.
I’m known for rocking the room.
Capturing and building the energy comes from my innate ability to make stories come alive. Stories engage people. They create an emotional connection and grip people in a way that data, by itself, doesn’t.
Experience and research reveals a stereotypical bulleted PowerPoint presentation bores the audience and their attention wanders. So:
- If a goal for your conference or meeting is to impact attendees thinking, then stories are the path there. They resonate with people and “sell” the data.
- If you want to keep the audience engaged, then my energetic, authentic, and humor-laden speaking style is just the ticket.
- I encourage participation (except with keynotes), which increases learning.
- I adjust – in real-time – my pace and level of information based on the needs of your group.
PROPELLING SMART WOMEN TO INCREASE THEIR INFLUENCE IN WORK & THE WORLD
Too many competent, aspiring women leaders:
- resist negotiating for what they want;
- have difficulty standing their ground when they receive push-back on their ideas;
- don’t ask for the plum assignments;
- aren’t confident in giving direct, unapologetic feedback.
Results: career stagnation, frustration and resentment
To propel careers and increase women’s confidence, I speak about the cultural norms women absorb growing up that “nice girls” should be agreeable and accommodating; that touting your accomplishments is bragging and rude; that standing your ground for what you want gets you labeled a bitch.
Women need a roadmap, methods and clarity on how to take charge and pushback while maintaining their relationships and gaining respect. I provide the information needed through experiential stories, step by step explanations and humor. By eliciting confidence, the audience is propelled to shift long held mindsets and move to action to become the influential leader they long to be.
The overarching themes for my presentations and workshops include:
- The High Cost Of Silence: The Emotional And Financial Price Of Not Speaking Up (Click here for an outline and more details)
- It’s A Paradox: Confidence Doesn’t Come Until You Do The Very Thing You’re Afraid Of
- It’s Not For Sissies: Providing Growth- Producing Feedback
- Well-behaved Women Seldom Make History: Practices That Increase Your Influence in the Workplace and the World
- Conflict Is Not A 4-letter Word. It’s 8 Letters That Spell Improved Relationships And Results
- Using Stories To Persuade and Sell Your Ideas
All presentations are customized to the particular needs of your group or organization.
You can contact her:
More about Cherry
Cherry’s been the Chief Paradigm Shifter and owner of Borderless Thinking LLC for over two decades.
In that capacity she successfully worked as a consultant, trainer, speaker and facilitator with Fortune 500 companies, health care institutions, school systems and non-profits to improve leadership and communication skills.
When she expanded into the quality and continuous process improvement field she was tapped to be on the design team for an early initiative that combined school and business partnerships in a model to improve both self-esteem and school performance through quality improvement tools.
After a nation-wide search for best practices in this area, Koalaty Kids was chosen by ASQ Education division to be their international quality-in-schools model.
She’s spoken at conferences across North America , leading break-out sessions that were filled to capacity with excited participants.
PERSONAL SUCCESSES AND HONORS
- A feature writer in the special 11th edition of Learn How to Reach Your Potential From Some of the World’s Most Successful Possibility Thinkers with Stephen R. Covey and Brian Tracy
- A contributor to Business Intelligence Success Factors – Tools for Aligning your Business In the Global Economy by Olivia Parr Rud
- Columnist on Innovative Thinking for the Eastern PA Business Journal
- Chosen to be on BBC World news about one of her hard hitting blog posts in response to Clay Shirky’s rant About Women
- Real time blogger for Vision 2020 a national initiative convening allies and women leaders from across the United States with the purpose to advance women’s equality by the year 2020. (At 1st congress in Philadelphia)
- 2011 History Maker Winner for the International Case Study Project of The Hot Momma’s project at George Washington University
- Regular guest host on local NPR station WDIY